It's Thursday, it's time for another Weird Tales Radio Show and in episode #124 we talk to UFO and the Weird investigator Nick Redfern about the Rendlesham Forest UFO Conspiracy, Naomi from Inanna’s in Norwich tells us some of the traditions associated with Lammas. We also discover more Military Madness from the archives: the American plan to fire-bomb Japan with bats. What could possibly go wrong? And we meet the Gremlin, the new imp on the paranormal block.
My latest Americana Music Radio Show (#45) is now available on Mixcloud... we've oldies from CSN&Y and John Mellancamp, there's an intriguing Dylan cover by Emma Swift, our album of the week is Last Light on the Highway by Robert Jon & The Wreck and our segue section is songs featuring Whiskey in the title.
Here's the full play list...
01. John Mellancamp - We Are the People
02. Crosby Stills Nash & Young - Ohio
03. Darlingside - Ocean Bed
04. Wade Parks - Keys
05. Emma Swift - Queen Jane Approximately
06. Robert Jon & The Wreck 0 Do You Remember
07. Robert Jon & The Wreck - Last Light on the Highway Part 2
08. Robert Jon & The Wreck - Tired of Drinking Alone
09. Cody Jinks - Must Be the Whiskey
10. Robert Jon & The Wreck - Blame It on the Whiskey
11. Jaycee Lynne - Whiskey Don't Love Me
12. Sam Coe & the Longshadows - Whiskey Dreaming
13. The Jake Bartley Band - Whiskey in My Coke
14. A Thousand Horses - Tennessee Whiskey
15. Little Big Town - Wine Beer Whiskey
It's Freaky Friday and in the latest Weird Tales Radio Show (Episode #123) we hear from Pop Culture expert Arlen Schumer about The Twilight Zone series - the best sci-fi television ever? Plus Janie is back to talk about the Folklore of Vegetables, we have a spell to make your garden grow, and are our constellations in turmoil as we look at Ophiuchus: the 13th Sign of the Zodiac?
My latest Americana Music Radio Show #44 is available now on Mixcloud. The album of the week is "That's How Rumors Get Started" by Margo Price - we've some classic tracks + a segue of tracks on the theme of "Bad". Here's the playlist...
01. War & Treaty - Healing Tide
02. Mary Bue - Shit Storm
03. Julia Cozby - Not That Kind
04. Tom Waits - Downtown Train
05. Margo Price - That's How Rumors Get Started
06. Margo Price - Stone Me
07. Margo Price - Letting Me Down
08. Blind Faith - Can't Find My Way Home
09. Corn Nut Creek - Baby Blue
10. Whiskey Myers - Bury My Bones
11. Ray Wylie Hubbard - Bad Trick
12. The SteelDrivers - Bad For You
13. Robynn Shane - Whiskey & Bad Decisions
14. The Devil Makes Three - Bad Idea
15. Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real - Bad Case
In this week's Weird Tales Radio Show #122 we head back down the conspiracy theory rabbit-hole with Ole Dammegard to discuss the Deep State/New World Order and their involvement in the deaths of John Lennon, Bob Marley and Princess Diana. We also have a roundup of paranormal and folklore news, including Advanced Aerial Threats aka UFOs and Charon’s obols aka coins to pay the Ferryman of the Dead.
Made in England for Americana music lovers everywhere, the latest episode of my Americana Music Radio Show is now available on Mixcloud. Here's the track-list...
01. LeRoux - One of Those Days
02. Margo Price - Letting Me Down
03. Honky Tonk Men - One More Phonecall
04. E.J. Cox Band - Bottle
05. Bob Dylan - False Prophet
06. Neil Young - Love is a Rose
07. Rachael Price - Can't Find My Way Home
08. Lake Street Dive - What I'm Doing Here
09. Letitia VanSant - Spilt Milk
10. G.E. Smith & LeRoy Bell - America
11. The Chicks - March March
12. Layla Kaylif - One Man Loved Me
13. Eric Church - Stick That in Your Country Song
14. Devon Allman & Samantha Fish - Stop Dragging My Heart Around
The paranormal weekend starts here with the latest episode of the Weird Tales Radio Show. We talk to international conspiracy investigator Ole Dammegard about coronavirus and the New World Order. Plus: do you still salute magpies? We look at the folklore. And encounter some military madness as we report on the legends and ghosts of the Madhouse Plantation.
The Weird Tales Radio Show goes out across 25 FM & internet radio stations, YouTube, Mixcloud, Soundcloud and all major podcast platforms.
Made in England for Americana music lovers everywhere, my latest Americana Music Radio Show is now playing its weekly cycle across 45 FM & internet radio stations. Full schedule & this week's videos here. Our featured video is by Margo Price.
01. Beth Hart - Bad Woman Blues
02. John Mayal & The Bluesbreakers - Blues City Shakedown
03. Crystal Shawanda - Church House Blues
04. Larkin Poe - Preachin' Blues
05. Pascal Bokar - The Blues Don't Like Nobody
06. Pharis & Jason Romero - Hometown Blues
07. Robert Connely Farr & the Rebeltone Boys - Hard Time Killing Floor Blues
08. Sass Jordan - Still Got the Blues
09. Brother Dege - Bastard's Blues
10. Dean Alexander - Devil Man's Blues
11. Pi Jacobs - Waitress Blues
12. Rev. Shawn Amos & the Brotherhood - Albion Blues (ft. Kenya Hathaway)
13. Jason Lee McKinney Band - Blues in Bahrain
14. Robert Plant & Alison Krauss - Killing the Blues
15. Vintage Trouble - Blues Hand Me Down
Spooky Saturday: in the latest episode of the Weird Tales Radio Show we talk to American writer Varla Ventura about the great spiritualism craze of the late 19th & early 20th centuries plus we look at the celebrated case of the Hammersmith Ghost and we consider some July 3 folklore and the powers of being a ‘chime child'.
Here to inform and entertain you with tales of weirdness, folklore, urban myths, arcane history, geek culture and the occult. "Fun and high strangeness" is how one reader describes it. May contain sarcasm.
Curated by Reuters correspondent and barrister turned writer, podcaster, editor, award-winning tech journalist and sometime werewolf hunter Charles Christian. The site also has links to Charles' books and the Weird Tales radio and video shows.
Charles was born a 'chime child' with a caul – according to legend a caul-shrouded chime-child can't drown at sea but can see and talk to ghosts and fairy folk without fear of coming to harm – allegedly!
Latest book: Shuckland
Latest Radio & Video
Virtual Tip Jar
You can now support Urban Fantasist, its podcasts and its new video channel through our Virtual Tip Jars on PayPal, Ko-fi and Patreon, giving you a choice of ad hoc or regular payments.
Tel: +44(0)1986 788666
Tel/Txt: +44(0)7786 738172
WhatsApp etc: +44(0)7786 738172
"Charles Christian... a man of paranormality" ...Howard Hughes, Talk Radio UK
"A great witty intelligence in the world. We need more CC and less monkey-brained politicians" ...Julia Bohanna
"I love your posts, always something interesting to read and often funny" ...Karen Morton
"Just found the show, absolutely love it. Will be tuning in regularly and catching up."
"Seriously good stuff. It is nice to hear intelligent hosts and guests. People in the chat room love the intellect!" ...Barbara Duncan, Para-X Radio
"You are a great and generous host" ...Patti Negri, The Hollywood Psychic
"You have a pleasant way of conducting an interview" ...Terje Simonsen
"I host a daily morning show in Las Vegas and I like your shows very much. I love the way you pace your voice and thoughts is fantastic and you have a way of making your guest interviews sound more like conversations. Just wanted to let you know" ...Clay Baker
"The ever wonderful Charles Christian and his Weird Tales Radio Show"...Into The Portal Podcast
"The Master of Mysteries & Folklore" ...Fantasy Radio UK
"The witty and knowledgeable Charles Christian."
"We poled our fans on their favorite podcasts and that's how I heard of Weird Tales Radio. You are well loved by the geekiverse, and fans of folklore history and monsters!"
"Charles Christian is really out there cool."
"Check out Urban Fantasist for more fun and strangeness."
"Charles Christian defiantly makes my world a brighter, funnier place."
"Wonderful show tonight full of all the usual delights we've come to expect."
"The legendary Charles Christian at his eclectic best... his insight and humour alone make this a must-read blog."
"Charles Christian is my inner spirit animal, thank you for making me laugh."
"You always make me laugh! Thank you for brightening my day with your dark humour."
"the funny, wonderful and slightly cantankerous Charles Christian"
"Carlsberg don't make clients, but if they did... they'd be Charles Christian"
"His tech journalism is always witty. He has a talent for pricking the overblown claims of suppliers."
"Charles Christian does awesome!"
Charles Christian's Books
AND ON AMAZON IN PRINT & KINDLE
Copyright © Charles Christian
& Urbanfantasist Limited 2021
Powered by green tea and pink wine
Tel: +44 (0)1986 788666
Tel/Txt: +44 (0)7786 738172
Contact Address: Oak Lodge, Darrow Green Road, Denton, Harleston, Norfolk IP20 0AY, United Kingdom