In this week's Americana Music Radio Show with Charles Christian, we take a break from our usual format to play back-to-back cover versions. Some are new, some are old, all are great. Here's the <Player> + the Playlist (including the originals) + Featured Videos
01. Devon Allman & Samantha Fish - Stop Dragging My Heart Around (Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty 1981)
02. Tom Petty - Feel A Whole Lot Better (The Byrds 1965)
03. The Be Good Tanyas - When Doves Cry (Prince 1984) + VIDEO
04. Emma Swift - Queen Jane Approximately (Bob Dylan 1965)
05. Karen O & Willie Nelson - Under Pressure (Queen & David Bowie 1981)
06. Johnny Cash - Hurt (Nine Inch Nails 1995)
07. Sass Jordan - Still Got the Blues (Gary Moore 1990)
08. Pi Jacobs - Babe I'm Gonna Leave You (Led Zeppelin 1969 - first recorded by Joan Baez 1962) + VIDEO
09. Molly Tuttle - She's a Rainbow (Rolling Stones 1967)
10. Lake Street Dive - Don't Let Me Down (The Beatles 1969) + VIDEO
11. Becky Buller - Woodstock (Joni Mitchell 1970)
12. Larkin Poe - In the Air Tonight (Phil Collins 1981)
13. Sheryl Crow - The First Cut Is The Deepest (Cat Stevens - first recorded by P.P. Arnold 1967)
14. Mavis Staples & The Memphis Horns - Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa Sad Song (Otis Redding 1966)
15. Vintage Trouble - War (Edwin Starr 1970)
Curated by English barrister and Reuters correspondent turned editor, author, award-winning tech journalist, storyteller, and sometime werewolf hunter Charles Christian. He writes, he drinks tea, he knows things. This site also has links to Charles' books and the Weird Tales Show videos and podcasts.
Descended from a motley crew of smugglers and witches, Christian was born a chime-child with a caul and grew up in a haunted medieval house by the harbourside in the Yorkshire seaside town of Scarborough.
According to folklore a caul-shrouded chime-child can't drown at sea but can see and talk to faerie folk and also has protection against spells cast by malevolent sorcerers. And yes, he was once commissioned to go on a werewolf hunt on the night of a full moon by a newspaper. Spoiler alert: he didn't find one. (Or it didn't find him.)
Latest Weird Tales Show
Latest book: Shuckland
Virtual Tip Jar
You can now support Urban Fantasist, its podcasts and its new video channel through our Virtual Tip Jars on PayPal and Patreon, giving you a choice of ad hoc or regular payments.
Tel: +44(0)1986 788666
Tel/Txt: +44(0)7786 738172
WhatsApp etc: +44(0)7786 738172
"The only way to keep folklore alive is to share it" ...comment from viewer on YouTube channel
"Charles Christian... a man of paranormality" ...Howard Hughes, Talk Radio UK
"A great witty intelligence in the world. We need more CC and less monkey-brained politicians" ...Julia Bohanna
"I love your posts, always something interesting to read and often funny" ...Karen Morton
"You are a great and generous host" ...Patti Negri, The Hollywood Psychic
"I host a daily morning show in Las Vegas and I like your shows very much. I love the way you pace your voice and thoughts is fantastic and you have a way of making your guest interviews sound more like conversations. Just wanted to let you know" ...Clay Baker
"The ever wonderful Charles Christian and his Weird Tales Show"...Into The Portal Podcast
"The Master of Mysteries & Folklore" ...Fantasy Radio UK
"The witty and knowledgeable Charles Christian."
"We poled our fans on their favorite podcasts and that's how I heard of Weird Tales Show. You are well loved by the geekiverse, and fans of folklore history and monsters!"
"Charles Christian is really out there cool."
"Charles Christian defiantly makes my world a brighter, funnier place."
"The legendary Charles Christian at his eclectic best..."
"Charles Christian is my inner spirit animal, thank you for making me laugh."
"You always make me laugh! Thank you for brightening my day with your dark humour."
"the funny, wonderful and slightly cantankerous Charles Christian"
Charles Christian's Books
AND ON AMAZON IN PRINT, KINDLE & KDP
Copyright © Charles Christian
& Urbanfantasist Limited 2022
Tel: +44 (0)1986 788666
Tel/Txt: +44 (0)7786 738172
Contact Address: Oak Lodge, Darrow Green Road, Denton, Harleston, Norfolk IP20 0AY, United Kingdom